Koran has more than 200 verses saying all Non Muslims, to be more precise who ever rejects Islam, will only go to Hell and burn there in fire for eternity. It describes hell in many ways. Initially Mohammad used this concept of Hell and fire to gain the followers but to of no avail. One can reach this conclusion because 68% of verses saying final place of disbelievers is Hell were revealed in Mecca, where he was weak. In Medina, where he took to fighting and plundering caravans obviously then, there was no need for Hell as means of persuasion as sword and booty did all the tricks.
More than any thing else this concept of Hell to all those who reject Islam further enforces the axiomatic belief among the Muslims that Islam is the only truth and other faiths are false and this concept of Hell is also a veracity to Islamic exclusiveness and its overall philosophy. This explicit assumption of truth itself by Islam, which can also be deduced from many other verses in Koran, is the reason - along with exhortations to Muslims for Jihad in Koran and Muslims dutifully following - for many discords and conflicts in the present day world.
By saying a disbeliever is only worthy of being fuel to fire in Hell, it implies deeds of the disbelievers in Islam does not matter. By this twisted logic a Gandhi will only go to Hell and Bin Laden will go to Paradise. Muslims might try to show Islam as inclusive and tolerant faith, but this concept of Hell in Koran is a testimony to Islamic intolerance towards others in its theology and in practical matters as well.
Following are the verses from Koran which say deeds of Non Muslims do not matter before Allah.
- But the Unbelievers,- their deeds are like a mirage in sandy deserts, which the man parched with thirst mistakes for water; until when he comes up to it, he finds it to be nothing: But he finds Allah (ever) with him, and Allah will pay him his account: and Allah is swift in taking account. (Yusuf Ali, 024.039)
- The parable of those who reject their Lord is that their works are as ashes, on which the wind blows furiously on a tempestuous day: No power have they over aught that they have earned: that is the straying far, far (from the goal). (Yusuf Ali, 014:018)
- Say: "Shall we tell you of those who lose most in respect of their deeds?- "Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life, while they thought that they were acquiring good by their works?" They are those who deny the Signs of their Lord and the fact of their having to meet Him (in the Hereafter): vain will be their works, nor shall We, on the Day of Judgment, give them any weight. That is their reward, Hell, because they rejected Faith, and took My Signs and My Messengers by way of jest. (Yusuf Ali, 018:103-106)
- And We shall turn to whatever deeds they did (in this life), and We shall make such deeds as floating dust scattered about. (Yusuf Ali, 025:023)
Intolerance, hate and cruelty in Koran do not just confine to condemning Non Muslims to Hell but also manifests in describing how infidels are punished by Allah. Koran gives graphical details and uses explicit uncivilized language, sadistic ideas and ways in doing so. The following verses might appear ludicrous but they are the word of Allah, most compassionate.
- These two antagonists dispute with each other about their Lord: But those who deny (their Lord),- for them will be cut out a garment of Fire: over their heads will be poured out boiling water. With it will be scalded what is within their bodies, as well as (their) skins. [PICKTHAL: Whereby that which is in their bellies, and their skins too, will be melted;] In addition there will be maces of iron (to punish) them. Every time they wish to get away therefrom, from anguish, they will be forced back therein, and (it will be said), "Taste ye the Penalty of Burning!" (Yusuf Ali, 022:19-22)
- What they spend in the life of this (material) world May be likened to a wind which brings a nipping frost: It strikes and destroys the harvest of men who have wronged their own souls: it is not Allah that hath wronged them, but they wrong themselves. (Yusuf Ali, 003:117)
- Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise. (Yusuf Ali, 004:056)
- Say, "The truth is from your Lord": Let him who will believe, and let him who will, reject (it): for the wrong-doers We have prepared a Fire whose (smoke and flames), like the walls and roof of a tent, will hem them in: if they implore relief they will be granted water like melted brass, that will scald their faces, how dreadful the drink! How uncomfortable a couch to recline on! (Yusuf Ali, 018:029)
- In front of such a one is Hell, and he is given, for drink, boiling fetid water. In gulps will he sip it, but never will he be near swallowing it down his throat: death will come to him from every quarter, yet will he not die: and in front of him will be a chastisement unrelenting. (Yusuf Ali, 014:16-17)
- O ye who believe! save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who flinch not (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do (precisely) what they are commanded. (Yusuf Ali, 66:006)
- Those who reject Faith,- neither their possessions nor their (numerous) progeny will avail them aught against Allah: They are themselves but fuel for the Fire. (Yusuf Ali, 003:010)
- That He may question the truthful of their truth, and He has prepared for the unbelievers a painful punishment (hellfire). (Shakir, 33.008)
- Surely the guilty (Non Muslims) shall abide in the chastisement of hell. It shall not be abated from them and they shall therein be despairing. And We are not unjust to them, but they themselves were unjust. (Shakir, 43:74-76)
- Unto Him is the return of all of you; it is a promise of Allah in truth. Lo! He produceth creation, then reproduceth it, that He may reward those who believe and do good works with equity; while, as for those who disbelieve, theirs will be a boiling drink and painful doom because they disbelieved. (Pickthall, 10:004)
- The while they enter the Blazing Fire,-; The while they are given, to drink, of a boiling hot spring,; No food will there be for them but a bitter Dhari'; Which will neither nourish nor satisfy hunger. (Yusuf Ali, 88:04-07)
- And if he is one of the rejecters, the erring ones,;He shall have an entertainment of boiling water,;And burning in hell.;Most surely this is a certain truth. (Shakir, 56:92-95)
- The guilty shall be recognized by their marks, so they shall be seized by the forelocks and the feet. (Shakir, 55:041)
- The Mujrimûn (polytheists, criminals, sinners, etc.) will be known by their marks (black faces), and they will be seized by their forelocks and their feet. (Hilali, 55:041)
- Surely We have prepared for the unbelievers chains and shackles and a burning fire. (Shakir, 76:04)
- As to the Righteous, they shall drink of a Cup (of Wine) mixed with Kafur,- (Yusuf Ali, 76:05)
- And leave Me (alone to deal with) those in possession of the good things of life, who (yet) deny the Truth; and bear with them for a little while. With Us are Fetters (to bind them), and a Fire (to burn them), And a Food that chokes, and a Penalty Grievous. (Yusuf Ali, 73:11-13)
- Lay hold on him, then put a chain on him,Then cast him into the burning fire,Then thrust him into a chain the length of which is seventy cubits. Surely he did not believe in Allah, the Great, (Shakir, 69:30-33)
- (It will be said to the disbelievers): "Depart you to that which you used to deny!"Depart you to a shadow (of Hell-fire smoke ascending) in three columns,"Neither shading, nor of any use against the fierce flame of the Fire."Verily! It (Hell) throws sparks (huge) as Al-Qasr [a fort or a Qasr (huge log of wood)], (Hilali, 77:29-32)
- Surely you and what you worship besides Allah are the firewood of hell; to it you shall come. (Shakir, 21:98)
- Surely the tree of the Zaqqum,Is the food of the sinful (Shakir, 44:43-44)
- Nor any food except filth from the washing of wounds,None will eat except the Khâti'ûn (sinners, disbelievers, polytheists, etc.). (Hilali, 69:36-37)
- When the fetters and the chains shall be on their necks; they shall be dragged, Into boiling water, then in the fire shall they be burned; (Shakir, 40:71-72)
- I will cast him (Non Muslim) into hell.And what will make you realize what hell is? It leaves naught nor does it spare aught.It scorches the mortal. (Shakir, 74:26-29)
- Therefore do I warn you of a Fire blazing fiercely;None shall reach it but those most unfortunate ones; Who give the lie to Truth and turn their backs. (Yusuf Ali, 92:14-15)
- He (Non Muslim) who will be flung to the great Fire; Wherein he will neither die nor live. (Pickthall, 87:12-13)
- But those who reject Our Signs, they are the (unhappy) Companions of the Left Hand. On them will be Fire vaulted over (all round). (YUSUF ALI, 90:19-20)
- Have you considered if he gives the lie to the truth and turns (his) back? Does he not know that Allah does see? Let him beware! If he desist not, We will drag him by the forelock,- A lying, sinful forelock! ( 96:13-16 )
- They (Non Muslims) shall have a bed of hell-fire and from above them coverings (of it); and thus do We reward the unjust.(Shakir, 7:041)
If some one in present day world utters this kind then people react by saying such people must be deranged and must belong to some asylum. But how would they feel if they are told this is the kind of message one finds in Koran, said to be a infallible word of Allah.