In 2009, a explosive device went off in Karachi and killed at least 25 Shi'a Muslims and Pakistan's Interior Minister responded to this by saying that Muslim terrorist who committed this act is worse than an infidel (Kafir), according to a Reuters report:
A suicide bomber blew up a Shi'ite Muslim procession in Pakistan's commercial capital Karachi on Monday, killing at least 25 people, in an attack that underscored multiple security challenges facing the U.S. ally..... Interior Minister Rehman Malik said at least 25 people were killed and about 50 wounded in Karachi, a major transit point for military and other supplies to Afghanistan for the U.S- and Nato-led anti-insurgency effort.
Malik said extremists wanted to destabilize Pakistan.
"Whoever has done this, he cannot be a Muslim. He is worse than an infidel," he told reporters.One can not be sure what the Minister intend to imply, but according to the Koran, a Non Muslim is the worst creature among all the creations by Allah. It is pertinent to recall that Islam believes that a Man is the best creation of Allah among all the creations by him. Having said Man is the best and then it says Non Muslims are the worst among all the creatures and of course Muslims are the best. So we have a section of Humanity (Muslims) at the top and remaining section (Non Muslims) at the bottom on the scale of worthiness of creatures on this earth.
Parallel between Non Muslims and certain animals is more than illogical but can be termed as rational because Allah's aim was to motivate Muslims to fight Non Muslims. It becomes easy to fight your enemies when enemies are depicted and viewed as worst creatures, bad people, inferior, criminals or vermin. Koran regularly condemns Non Muslims who refused to convert to Islam upon Mohammad's call to do so; Koran tries to explain away this unwillingness by saying that they are deaf and blind and are like animals, dogs and cattle, and that Non Muslims can not understand. Just because they did not convert to Islam, Koran declares that their senses of perception are not functioning and their life style and purpose is similar to that of animals; the final meaning of all this nuance is that those who convert are regarded as best and righteous and others as unworthy to be called decent human having low desires.
Every one knows Muslims consider a pig to be heinous; but most do not know that Muslims are also aversion to dogs. And cattle, of course we all know that Indian Muslims love to slaughter cows by cutting throats and leaving them to die. One very famous Muslim scholar has said that cow slaughter is the greatest Islamic practice and tradition of Indian Muslims; this gentle man was considered as a Indian nationalist by people like Ms Sonia Gandhi and other secular heroes/heroines. It will be dishonesty if I do not mention that BJP (so called Hindu party.) also sought meetings with this gentleman and praised him. Here, in the following verses, Koran describes and compares disbelievers who have not converted to Islam even after being shown Koran to Dogs and other animals. Prophet Mohammad seems to have said that a disbeliever is like a Dog which eats its own vomit.
- Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures. (98.006,YUSUF ALI)
- For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are those who reject Him: They will not believe. (008.055,YUSUF ALI )
- For the worst of beasts in the sight of Allah are the deaf and the dumb,- those who understand not. (008.022,YUSUF ALI)
- Verily! The worst of (moving) living creatures with Allâh are the deaf and the dumb, those who understand not (i.e. the disbelievers). (8:22, HILALI)
- If it had been Our will, We should have elevated him with Our signs; but he inclined to the earth, and followed his own vain desires. His similitude is that of a dog: if you attack him, he lolls out his tongue, or if you leave him alone, he (still) lolls out his tongue. That is the similitude of those who reject Our signs; So relate the story; perchance they may reflect. (007.176,YUSUF ALI)
- And We shall drive the sinners to Hell, like thirsty cattle driven down to water,- (019.086,YUSUF ALI)
- The parable of those who reject Faith is as if one were to shout Like a goat-herd, to things that listen to nothing but calls and cries: Deaf, dumb, and blind, they are void of wisdom. (002.171,YUSUF ALI)
- And the example of those who disbelieve, is as that of him who shouts to the (flock of sheep) that hears nothing but calls and cries. (They are) deaf, dumb and blind. So they do not understand. (2:171, HILALI)
- Or do you think that most of them (Non Muslims) do hear or understand? They are nothing but as cattle; nay, they are straying farther off from the path. (25:44, Shakir)
- Evil as an example are people who reject Our signs and wrong their own souls;Whom Allah doth guide,- he is on the right path: whom He rejects from His guidance,- such are the persons who perish.; Many are the Jinns and men we have made for Hell: They have hearts wherewith they understand not, eyes wherewith they see not, and ears wherewith they hear not. They are like cattle,- nay more misguided: for they are heedless (of warning).(007.177-179,YUSUF ALI)
Similarly Al-Qaeda, in a reply to a letter written by Saudi Sheikhs to west, has written, "The reason for peaceful and harmonious coexistence is not possible is because the West, including the United Nations, do not understand the notions of ‘equality, freedom and justice’ as revealed by Mohammed. ‘No, they mean the despicable notions, which we see today in America and Europe, and which have made the people like cattle. Verily, Allah described them well:’ (page. 26); (verse 7:179). Koran does not stop with 'cattle' like status to Non Muslims; it goes further:
- When in their insolence they transgressed (all) prohibitions, We said to them: "Be ye apes, despised and rejected." (007.166,YUSUF ALI)
- And well ye knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath: We said to them: "Be ye apes, despised and rejected." (002.065,YUSUF ALI)
- Say: "Shall I point out to you something much worse than this, (as judged) by the treatment it received from Allah? those who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath, those of whom some He transformed into apes and swine, those who worshipped evil;- these are (many times) worse in rank, and far more astray from the even path!" (005.060,YUSUF ALI)
"These statements are made not only by clerics and preachers. Following their lead, public opinion leaders in the Arab world also call the Jews "the descendants of apes and pigs." The image has pervaded the public consciousness, even in child-rearing. In May 2002, Iqraa, the Saudi-Egyptian satellite television station, which according to its website sets for itself the goals of "highlighting aspects of Arab Islamic culture that inspire respect," "highlighting the true and tolerant picture of Islam and refuting the accusations directed against Islam," and "planting a spirit of mutual understanding and dialogue among members of the nation and opening channels of cultural connection with the cultures of other nations," interviewed a three-and-a-half-year-old "real Muslim girl" about Jews. On "The Muslim Woman Magazine" program, the girl was asked whether she liked Jews; she answered, "no." When asked why she didn't like them, she said that Jews were "apes and pigs." "Who said this?" the moderator asked. The girl answered, "Our God." "Where did He say this?" "In the Koran." At the end of the interview, the pleased moderator said: "No [parents] could wish for Allah to give them a more believing girl than she... May Allah bless her, her father and mother. The next generation of children must be true Muslims. We must educate them now while they are children, so that they will be true Muslims."
Muslims and their apologists say these should be seen and understood in the overall context but if you ask them what is that 'overall context' then they try to evade. But the truth is, when context is seen intolerance, violent nature and fallacies of Koran (Islam) become more visible.