All along this month, those with open eyes and still functioning faculties of senses have seen what Islam is all about from Pakistan. Since killing of Taseer, Governor of Punjab (Pakistan), by his security guard, Pakistan has been a witness to the fact that so called moderators or reformers or liberals do not matter in Islamic countries. But in India, there is a section among media which is still trying to sell the idea that liberals are in face off with religious extremists even after those massive demonstrations in Pakistan by people (muslims) opposing repeal of blasphemy law, condoning Taseer's killing, showering rose petals on killer and for voicing opposition to Pope's remarks on blasphemy law (see the presented reports at the end of this article.). For these blind people, unless India has good relations with Pakistan and Bangladesh, irrespective of ethnic cleansing of Hindus and Sikhs there, India is unjust and imperialist or even its existence is meaning less. But, they can not alter or change Islam from being imperialist and fascist with this kind of false presentations. Blasphemy law is a characteristic trait of fascist Islam.
The female legislator, Ms Sherry Rehman, who tabled the bill in Pakistan's parliament for repealing of blasphemy law has gone in to hiding as religious leaders openly called for killing her. One can not blame her because her nemesis could be her own security guards who are Muslims. She knows better than our pseudo intellectuals (read presented hadith) that no one knows when will a Muslim become devout and pull the trigger. Deccan Chronicle reports:
Islamabad, Jan. 17: Pakistan’s liberal legislator, Ms Sherry Rehman, has gone underground to save her life after advocating amendments in the blasphemy law.
Ms Rehman had moved a bill in the National Assembly seeking amendments to the blasphemy law. She had also appeared on television channels favouring such amendments which are being vehemently opposed by religious parties and groups in the country.
Punjab governor Salman Taseer was assassinated in January first week by his own bodyguard for “committing blasphemy”. Extremists have also threatened Ms Rehman with the same fate.
Some religious groups had issued fatwa (religious decree) demanding her death......
Some reports suggested that she left the country on instruction from the interior minister, Mr Rehman Malik. She is reportedly in Dubai.
Meanwhile, the Pakistan Prime Minister, Mr Yousaf Raza Gilani, categorically said on Monday that the government had no plans to amend the blasphemy law.
“Neither we had thought of it nor we are going to do it. The blasphemy law will stay as it is,” Mr Gilani said.
He said those who were saying that a committee has been formed to amend the blasphemy law were wrong, adding, “no such committee has been formed”.}}}
News clips related to blasphemy law:
- Pakistani protesters warn pope over blasphemy laws.
- PAKISTANI politicians have accused the Pope of insulting Muslims with his remarks.
- An alliance of Pakistani Islamist organisations said they would hold rallies to protest Pope Benedict XVI's remarks that called on the country to scrap an anti-blasphemy law which allows for the death penalty for insulting Islam.
- No room for secularism in Pakistan as Islam is its sole identity: Jama’at-e-Islami
- Thousands rally in Pakistan for blasphemy laws and for prasing killer of Salman Taseer.
- The leader of an Islamic political party in Pakistan has warned the daughter of a murdered politician to ''remember her father's fate'' and to stop supporting his cause.
- Religious leader says killer of salman Taseer will directly go to seventh heaven.
- Lawyers showered the killer of Salman Taseer with rose petals when he arrived at court Wednesday; crowd slapped him on the back and kissed his cheek.
- Several clerics have issued fatwas against former Pakistani minister Sherry Rehman and declared her an infidel and fit for killing.
- Two Muslims, a father and a son sent to jail for blasphemy.
- Another Christian family accused of blasphemy is on run.
Peace to Moderate Muslims!