I pointed out many times, here, the wide gulf that exists between what Islamic spokesmen say to Non Muslim audience, esp. in Non Muslim majority countries, regarding their religious teachings and actual teachings that appear in Islamic sacred texts and established Islamic sources. One of many, often seen, quotes is Islam teaches tolerance and asks its followers to respect other faiths. What they do not tell you is that this Islamic tolerance comes only after thoroughly subjugating those (conquered) Non Muslims i.e. Non Muslims agreeing to pay Jizya and to abide by many other humiliating conditions (documented here) which will eventually lead to destruction of entire civilization, like in the case of Byzantine Civilization. Even then, this nominal Dhimmi contract does not guarantee physical security to conquered Non Muslims and the best example is genocides of Armenian Christians in Turkey. Reasons for this kind of state of relations that should exist between Muslims and Non Muslims (the former being superior and later in state of abasement) are found in Islamic theology which unambiguously envisages the whole world under sharia law where in Non Muslims are treated as second class citizens. In other words, Muslims believe that Islam is the only true religion and Islam abrogates all other faiths and should rule the entire world.
Above statement is not just mine as, an Islamic website also says the same thing (source):
Praise be to Allah alone, and salaat and salaam be upon Muhammad, his family, companions, and those who righteously follow him until the Day of Judgment.
The Permanent Committee for Islamic Research and Ifta has reviewed the inquiries, opinions and essays propagated in the mass media concerning the "Call for the Unification of Religions" ie; Islam, Judaism, and Christianity, and studied what has originated from the call to:
· Build a Mosque, a Church, and a Jewish Temple in one area, especially in universities, airports, and public squares etc. · Print the Noble Qur'an, the Torah, and the Bible in one book. · Other consequences of such a call in the form of conferences, symposiums, and solicitations to be established both in the East and the West.
After comprehensive study the committee resolves the following:-
1. One of the fundamentals of Faith in Islam, which is known as an essential part of the religion and upon which all Muslims have agreed, is that there is no true religion on the earth except Islam, and that it is the Final religion which abrogated all previous religuions and creeds. Therefore, no other religion remains on earth by which Allah can be worshipped except Islam. Allah The Most High says, "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." [Al-Qur'an 3:85].
2. One of the fundamentals of faith in Islam is what Allah's Book (the Qur'an) is the last Book that was revealed by the Cherisher of the Worlds. It abrogated all the Books revealed by Allah before it, such as the Torah, the Psalms, and the Bible, and as such no other Book has been left by which Allah can be worshipped except the Qur'an. Allah, The Most High, says, "And We have sent down to you (O Muhammad) the Book (the Qur'an) in truth, confirming the Scriptures that came before it, and trustworthy in highness and a witness over it (old scriptures). So judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and follow not their vain desires." [Al-Qur'an] 5:48]
3. It is our belief that both the Torah and the Bible were abrogated by the Qur'an, and that they were changed by means of additions or deletions by their followers. This was indicated in some verses in Allah's Book - the Noble Qur'an. Allah, The Most High, says in His Qur'an, "So because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them, and made their hearts grow hard. They change the words from their (right) places and have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. And you will not cease to discover deceit in them, except a few of them." [Al-Qur'an 5:13]
"Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, 'This is from Allah.' To purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for thet they earn thereby." [Al-Qur'an 2:79]
"And verily, among them is a party who distort the Book with their tongue (as they read), so that you may think it is from the Book, but it is not from the Book, and they say, 'This is from Allah', but it is not from Allah; and they speak a lie against Allah while they know it." [Al-Qur'an 3:78]
Accordingly, even whatever is considered as correct in these Books, has been abrogated by Islam. The remaining parts are altered. This is proved by the following incident. The Prophet (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) got angry when he saw 'Umar ibn Al-Khattab holding a sheet containing some verses from the Torah and he said to him, "O 'Umar! Are you in doubt? Have I not brought (the Message) as clear as white? If my brother Musa ('alaihi salam) had been alive, he would have followed me." Narrated by Ahmed, Ad-Daarimi and others.
4. Another fundamental of Faith in Islam is that our Prophet and Messenger Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) id the seal of all the prophets and messengers. Allah says, "Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam) is not the father of any man among you, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last (end) of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever All-Aware of everuthing." [Al-Qur'an 33:40] As such, no other messenger is left to be followed except Muhammad (sallalahu 'alaihi wa sallam).